(1) The Public Records and Archives Administration Department established under the Public Records and Archives Administration Department (Establishment) Instrument, 1996 (L.I. 1628) shall be responsible for the proper and effective management of records in public institutions of government to which this Act applies.
(2) For the purposes of subsection (1) of this section the Department shall—
(a) ensure that public offices, institutions and individuals who create and maintain public records follow good record keeping practices;
(b) establish and implement procedures for the timely disposal of public records of no continuing value;
(c) advise on best practices and establish national standards in records keeping in the public services;
(d) establish and implement procedures for the transfer of public records of permanent value for preservation in the National Archives or other archival repository as may be designated under this Act; and
(e) perform any function conferred on the National Archives under any other existing enactment.
(1) There is hereby established a Records Advisory Committee for the Department referred to in this Act as “the Advisory Committee”.
(2) The Advisory Committee shall consist of—
(a) the Director of the Department;
(b) one representative each from—
(i) the Department of Library and Archival Studies, University of Ghana (Legon);
(ii) the Public Services Commission;
(iii) the Attorney-General’s Department;
(iv) the Ministry of Finance;
(v) the Ghana Library Board;
(vi) the Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences;
(vii) the Judicial Service; and
(viii) the Parliamentary Service;
(c) the Head of the Office of the Civil Service who shall be Chairman;
(d) two other persons who are knowledgeable in the management of public records.
(3) The members of the Advisory Committee shall be appointed by the Civil Service Council….. [Download Full PDF on The SideBar]
Copyright 2019 | Marichael Company Limited | J&FFashtech